Monday, December 06, 2021

Welcome to the 2021 blizzard of Mini Snowflakes

I like to send my family a new snowflake in their Christmas cards and I often design several before settling on one. I did a blizzard of tatted snowflakes in 2018 and shared both pictures and patterns here. 

http://sharonstattedlace.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-results-are-in.html 

The snowflakes are numbered and the list below the picture links to the blog post with the pattern.


This year I started with a basic 6 ring daisy and the first one off the shuttles was a winner, so I just had to make a bunch more of the same design. Once the family snowflakes were done I still had thread on the shuttles and after making the basic 5-5-5-5 ring daisy I challenged myself to see what I could do with just a daisy and a second row of tatting.


Welcome to the mini snowflake blizzard of 2021. The first one ended up being the same as number 11 the Baby Flake from 2018 which I'd forgotten about. The only difference was that last time I used a daisy of 6-6-6-6. and this one uses 5-5-5-5.


The second snowflake is much the same with onion rings on the points.


And of course here's the pattern.






6 comments:

God's Kid said...

Great snowflake!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Lovely. I do like little snowflakes.

muskaan said...

Great to see you back 🤩 Cute flake, thank you for another lovely pattern 💗

Nancy G said...

Oh sooo pretty! You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing this lovey pattern.

Bernice said...

I like all your mini flakes, must return and tat up a few.

Lelia said...

thank you for doing this ; ) Lovely to share our tatting. They are very festive & wonderful inserts for cards : )