Monday, December 03, 2018

Wet noodle tatting

I finished another snowflake. I'm not sure if I can say anything about it. It doesn't have an attractive profile and worst of all, it's limp. I don't like designs that don't hold their shape. When I was tatting this one I started with a central ring with large picots, but If I were to tat it again I'd do it with small picots. I didn't join the small rings on the last row, but if I were tatting it again I would join them to give the design more stability. As it is, this design has as much structure as a wet spaghetti noodle.


I'm calling this one a fail  and I won't be writing out the pattern for it.

Revised:
After asking which of the 26 designs the public liked, this one, that I called a fail was surprisingly popular. The tiny picots weren't joined on the original design, I just knotted them together with sewing thread to see what it would look like. I re-tatted it, joining the picots and making the picots on the central ring smaller.

It's still kind of limp but it does have the spiky outline of snow crystals which is what I'm guessing people like about it. So, seeing as I've re- done it, I've also done the pattern for it.

3 comments:

God's Kid said...

It's pretty and looks like a motif from a larger pattern. :)

muskaan said...

Yes, I can see why it doesn't seem to work as a snowflake. But the outer round (without the thrown rings) is a design good for a doily - a kind of dense round flanked by airier ones?

Madtatter80 said...

Its beautiful I would hit it with hair spray it so delicate❤❄❤