Sunday, December 02, 2018

A first for December

This first design for December starts with the same daisy flower and outline row used in the November 27 snowflake. After I got to that point I decided I wanted another row of chain which I tatted forgetting that I needed some picots on it to attach the next row, Then I added the picots and another row with rings joined to those picots and chains from petal to ring to petal. Which put too many stitches in place so I cut it off and started again and the next try wasn't much better.

Then I opted for the simple ring and chain arrangement which also looked like it was going to ruffle. On the next row I just tatted two rings joined side to side to pull things in and I think I finally have a design that I like. It didn't look too promising until I blocked it pulling out the picots on the sides of the points.

Would you like the pattern? Of course you would. So it's here:

That makes 7 new designs so far this season, not counting the little flake that's just the inner part of another design. Maybe I'll go for an even 10.

3 comments:

God's Kid said...

Very nice!! :)
It looks like a flower in a flower snowflake! :)

muskaan said...

Another pretty flake! You are belting patterns out faster than I can tat them ;-D

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pattern😁