Saturday, December 22, 2018

Did you miss me?

I've just spent the last week and a half getting intimately acquainted with my pillow. Some sweet soul just couldn't help sharing and gifted me with their Christmas blessing of the flu, which I obligingly passed on to my darling hubby. The wretched thing knocked the zip right out of me. The cough medicine prescribed by the doctor added dizziness and nausea to the mix with the result that the cure was worse than the sickness.

I started another snowflake with the same general idea hoping for a more compact result. I'm blaming it on sickness that I miscounted on one of the dimpled rings making it bulge on one side. I figured it would be easy enough to cut out the offending heart and patch things up but when I ended up with 3 thread ends instead of 2 my addled brain couldn't figure out how to attach and invisibly hide 3 ends. (How do you end up with 3!!! ends?)

At that point is was easier to just start over, which I did, but I kept falling asleep and it took me 3 days to tat one snowflake.

The good thing about working with similar elements and creating row by row drawings is that I can often just grab the same row and start with part of the drawing already completed so in spite of not being up to full energy yet, I do have a drawing for this one that works out to be 4 inches across.

3 comments:

God's Kid said...

Fabulous snowflake!!! :)

muskaan said...

Most definitely missed, which is why I have been tatting your snowflakes :-D
Hope you are doing much better now and we'll see you frequently again
Starting this new one now ;-P

Unknown said...

I am not used ti use patterns. But I would really like to make som of yours! But how do you make the harts???