Saturday, December 29, 2018

Undecided

I finished this snowflake, but I knotted and cut the thread ends rather than sewing them in, which is usually a sign of dissatisfaction with a design. I liked the first round but the end result was a snowflake of 1.5 inches in size 30 thread which is kind of puny in my estimation. Although it might be a good size for earrings. Round 1 looked like this:

The finished piece looks like this and is 3.25 inches across in size 30 thread. I think it's the ratio of lace to space in the finished design that makes me want to reject this one.


I almost didn't bother with the pattern, but I know you guys and someone was bound to just be in love with it even if I'm not.
It's funny, but when I started publishing patterns over 20 years ago one of my brothers asked me if I thought I'd run out of ideas.... I guess not.

Just a reminder, all of the patterns on the blog should come up when you click of the Pattern label in the sidebar. I've tried to remember to label the post every time I've added a new pattern, although I might have missed a couple.

5 comments:

God's Kid said...

It's a very nice snowflake!! :)

muskaan said...

You are absolutely right - I Love this flake and will certainly make it :-D

Margarets designer cards said...

I think it deserves a better name, it’s a very pretty snowflake

Madtatter80 said...

I love the little guy ❄ Makes me wonder, out of all your patterns which one is the one the public likes best?

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This little center would make a nice top for a 3-D bell or egg or tatted ball. It fills in space and could lead to interesting connecting points for the rest of the item. And the snowflake itself is an excellent design! It might even fit over a satin ball, which you could pin onto the ball if it had a Styrofoam base.