Sunday, December 09, 2018

It didn't look that way in my head

I was trying for a design with dimpled rings on top of chains like hearts on a telephone pole and I figured it would need some rings part way up the telephone pole to hold it together. After the first heart I realized that the chain up and chain down weren't going to make a pole. There was a gap between making another flower shape. OK, I can live with that, so I kept on tatting. Because I was in a mind set that said heart on a pole I planned on the snowflake points being between the hearts rather than on top of them. As I was finishing the second row and it was buckling like mad and far too open to be useful and I realized it would need another row to get points of any kind on it and the points weren't going to be where I wanted them, so I just decided to quit. PFFT!


I'm not drawing this one.

3 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

Yea its trial and error, but sometimes those errors are beautiful and can be use with other projects like journal covers etc.

Margarets designer cards said...

Another lovely snowflake,

God's Kid said...

I think it makes a wonderful motif!! :)