Saturday, November 10, 2018

Third try

After not blogging for ages, it looks like I'm on a roll and you can probably look forward to more updates as I'm currently in snowflake mode. This is the third snowflake and I like the design, just maybe not as a snowflake. It begins with a central ring with 5 picots and one mock picot. I normally make my picots so that they're about the same height as the stitches, but since I didn't want the centre all cramped up I made the picots on the central ring about twice the size that I normally do. The daisy shape in the middle of the design is made with chains of 6-6-6-6 The chains forming the petals are joined side to side and the last petal ends with a split chain, putting the shuttles in place to begin the second row.

The chains of Row 2 are likewise joined side to side as are the chains of Row 3, again ending in a split chain. But you can see that for yourself as I've included the pattern below.


I've taken another look at the 2nd snowflake. I had to straighten it out to scan it and I wondered if blocking might work so I pinned it out on my board and left it over night. It might not need a lot of coaxing to fix it. It might just take longer picots at the start. I won't know for a while as I'm on to design number 4 and if we watch a movie tonight I may have another pattern to post tomorrow.


6 comments:

muskaan said...

Another beautiful design - would work well as repeated attachments for a larger piece !!!
The 2nd one definitely looks more snowflaky now that it's been blocked !
Thanks again for sharing your patterns - keep them coming ;-D

West Pine Creations said...

Thanks for the beautiful pattern.

God's Kid said...

Beautiful!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That's a lovely snowflake! Thank you for sharing the pattern!

Margarets designer cards said...

Eautiful sniwflake, thank you for sharing your pattern

Sharon said...

Muskaan noticed the same thing I did, namely that this design looks like a perfect choice for a multiple motif project like a table runner, scarf or even a tablecloth. That's why I want to do it again as an 8 sided motif.