Friday, November 16, 2018

I think it'll work...maybe not

My frustration level is getting pretty high about now. Hubby's making noises about sending out our Christmas cards soon which means I need to get a on tatting tear and start whipping out snowflakes.
That's hard to do when you can't even settle on a design. GRRR!

Since things aren't flowing smoothly I thought I'd go back to where they started going off track and resurrected my second try to take another stab at it. I knew the inner section needed to be larger so that the next rows didn't overlap. I began by making the inner ring larger and making the picots longer That made the chains on the subsequent rows correspondingly longer. After that I followed the original design and I think I have a winner. The finished snowflake is 3 inches across from point to point which is what I was aiming for.  You can see the first attempt at the design and how  the final version came out.

There aren't and split rings or split chains to slow me down and I have a pretty flake that flows off the shuttles easily. I just have to sit down now and tat like mad. Then all I have to do is draw the pattern out, but that might take a while.

Hubby has the camera attached to the car and now has to run wiring from the front bumper to the dashboard. A backup camera is wired to the back up lights and it only engaged when the backup lights come on. Since this camera is being wired to the front of the car, the camera would be on all the time unless it's wired to a switch so that it's only on when needed. It needs wire going to the switch and wire going from the switch to the battery as well as wire going to the display. Running wire through tight spaces needs smaller hands, namely mine. Consequently I'm going to be spending the next little while with my hands covered in black grease.

Black grease and white thread don't make for good bedfellows when you want pristine snowflakes.
Wish me luck.

7 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I like the way your snowflake turned out! Good luck!

God's Kid said...

I love your snowflake!!! It's outstanding!!! :)
I hate having to work on greasy cars too. I hope it goes really quick and that you don't end up too greasy!

muskaan said...

Yes, another winner !!!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I'm very pleased to see that you are blogging again and creating again. This snowflake is a winner - it looks just right.

I can't believe how many tatters go to the effort of making snowflakes to put in Christmas cards. I would just put a photo of some tatted item on the card!

Your husband certainly comes up with projects where you get to 'assist' him! I guess a camera is a handy thing to have but seems complicated.

Margarets designer cards said...

Looks a beautiful snowflake.

StringyDogs said...

Love it!

Linda R

Madtatter80 said...

great flakes and I understand I have a black dog!