Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Guess what?

More snow. Are you surprised? I think I'm running out of ideas for the centres. Of course sometimes just when I think there's nothing new to try, weird ideas pop up and I'm off again. This last one has some pretty big negative spaces which made it weird and open looking and floppy until I added the last round. It's 3.75 inches from point to point done in size 30 thread and it probably wouldn't look very good in size 20 thread because the negative spaces would probably be too big. But maybe not.

The first row would make a cute tiny little snowflake about an inch across, which would be cute as a button cover or earrings or a little something to add to stationary. There are 5 rows on this design which allows for a more intricate design, but it also means more tatting, if your in a hurry for the end results. As usual, the pattern follows and that makes a total of 29 designs for the current spate of creativity.


29 is an odd number... maybe I should go for 30. Wait a minute, I'm experiencing deja vu didn't I say something like that already?

Edited to add: Muskaan has informed me that numbers in the printout of this diagram are hard to read, so I've just changed the picture size to Large to help with that problem. If the diagram gets too big it won't print on one page and personally, when I work from an online diagram I want the whole thing on a single page so that I can print it and take the page with me to tat. I hate it when I have several pages I have to stick together to work from. Let me know if you have any problems.

5 comments:

muskaan said...

Another on my to-tat list :-D
It definitely looks very pretty - I especially like the spokes between arms :-)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the way your imagination works! Go for 30! ...or 36! ;-)

God's Kid said...

Another great snowflake!!! :)
I think I see one of muskaans flowers in the center. ;)

Margarets designer cards said...

Another beautiful snowflake

Madtatter80 said...

Another beautiful snowflake ❄ and makes me wonder will that groundhog tell use there are six more weeks of winter? Cause I think you got this😃