Monday, October 02, 2006


For the challenge I want to do a design study in morphing motives from a simple snowflake into a heart and a butterfly. That's why I'm expecting to do 30 motives so that I have 10 of each. Like these:

Here's a motif that might work for the challenge.

One of the things I hadn't considered was that I could create a bunch of snowflakes that won't morph easily. Can you see this one as either a heart or a butterfly? I'm having a hard time imagining what it would look like. The rounded arches might make it for the bunps on a heart, but then I'll have to lose to of the inner points so it's do-able, I guess. Where do I make the butterfly body?

See what I mean about using these motives as a study in design? Drawing them out may help to see where I need to go. Or maybe not.

So either the challenge is to be that much more creative, or to create that many more motives that I have 30 useable ones. What have I gotten myself into !

One further note about the newsletter. I think I can! I see light at the end of this tunnel. I've decided to do the heart I did for my neice's wedding album in gold thread with thie names and 50 years in the open spaces. I have a couple of weeks so, Lord willing, I should be able to get it done. While waiting for some other stuff to get done on the computer, I doodled a drawing of a doily the other day that looks like it's a workable design.

All things are possible.

1 comment:

CraftyPretender said...

I love how you get your ideas... so inspirational! The white snowflake is just awesome... so very intricate. Thank you for the challenge, Sharon!