Monday, October 03, 2022

Colour

I'm half way through finishing off my collection of bookmarks. These were just little bits I tatted while watching TV just to keep my hands and mind busy and I wasn't going to draw out the patterns, but I've changed my mind. 


I did this one first in mauve/white/green and one solid thread in mauve, then again in deep blue with a variegated blue/white/yellow. I really like them. They were easy to tat and just seemed to flow and the colours blended nicely. These were done in 2014 and I suspect that the last one was done at the same time. The solid colour is a green that matched the green in the variegated thread perfectly, but when I did the bookmark in this colour combination, I didn't like it at all! I think it's just too many colours. That may be why I never bothered to finish it off. It's done now and waiting for gifting. 

I have the pattern already drawn, but I can't see anywhere where I published it. So here it is:


I used the same variegated thread paired this time with a solid red, but again I don't care for the final result. At first glance I thought I'd done this one before too, but it's totally different.


Here's the other one done in monochromatic black and white:

https://sharonstattedlace.blogspot.com/2014/03/new-bookmark.html

Colour really does make a difference.

I'll see if I can't get this last one drawn out later today and you can do it in colours more pleasing to the eye.

Just for your information, I keep getting notices that the blog posts aren't optimized for multi platform use. I use my computer to post and I can view everything easily on my tablet so I'm not sure what Blogger wants me to change. So if you have issues please mention them in the comments.

1 comment:

muskaan said...

No issues with viewing.
I love the top bookmarks and will hopefully tat the pattern some day. Thanks again 💙
The 2014 one has a center of only diamonds. Nice! ❤️