Wednesday, October 05, 2022

Another 4 ring bookmark

This is another bookmark based on a square 4 ring motif. I found what I thought was the pattern in my archive but when I started counting stitches, it wasn't the same. I looked back through previously published work and I can't see this one anywhere so I'm posting it now.


These bookmarks were all done in multiple colours and there was no need to climb out from one row to the next, or at least not in the colours I used. Consequently, there are 2 start points, one for the square motifs and one for the outer row.


Just remember 5. The rings are all 5-5-5-5 and the chains are all 5-5. Super easy.

Most bookmarks are really edgings with the second side a mirror image of the first. A lot of them will also look nice on a cuff, collar or the edge of a pocket. Just another use for a versatile bit of lace.


No comments: