Sunday, February 03, 2019

The dimple that grew

I've already written about what happened when I started with a dimpled ring and tried to make the heart shape grow by adding rows to it. That didn't work! So I thought about it and realized that I needed to have space between the dimpled ring and the next rows. I drew out a possible version and tatted it to see if it works. What do you think?


It's about 3 inches wide and 2.25 inches tall in size 20 thread. And since I'd already sketched it out, here's the pattern. Begin with the dimpled ring and then start the chain around the outside, ending the row with a split ring to climb into the next row. Do the same thing with the next row and finish with the small outward ring on the bottom of the heart. The dimpled ring is only shown as an inset to avoid having the stitch count crammed into little places.


6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I like it. Nice shape.

God's Kid said...

It's a cute heart!! :)

Dkulik5 said...

Love it! Very creative. I wish my mind worked like that.

Claire said...

Nice heart. Thank you for sharing your pattern.
—-
Claire
Oclairedelune.wordpress.com

onecraftchick said...

So glad I found your blog! I've recently learned to tat and I am a little obsessed. :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely heart and pattern.