Monday, May 24, 2010

Work in progress

I'm working on a framed picture of 3D flowers for my sister for her birthday. I'm using the Irish rose from my Marvelous Motifs book as a focal point. I am thinking about how I can do a profile version of it as a bud.
The frame I have selected isn't very deep so I don't want anything with a deep profile. I've been playing around with some other flowers. I'll keep the blue one, but I'm going to replace the pink one with a plain daisy Add in a spray of one ring flowers to look like baby's breath and some greenery and it should work. As you can see, none of the ends have been sewn in yet. To save time I may just knot and glue because they'll be stuck down anyway.


I'm thinking of tatted stems and leaves but I haven't anything suitable to use as a vase so I think I'll just stick a bow on the stems.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I think your work will be wonderful.