Tuesday, May 11, 2010

20 of 30

No, it's not a reference to the Borg collective. It's this number pinned to my board here:

These are the completed bits.

These are blocked and waiting to be written out.

These are finished. 20 of them, or at least 20 that I'm going to use. There are more than 20 on the board. I started writing the number on the board when I got tired of counting them repeatedly. Number 20 was a stinker to draw. I'm hoping some of the others in this box will be easier so that I can get this job finished sooner.
Why 30? I had plans for 1 a day for a month. They're done, I just need to get my butt in gear and get the rest of them onto the finished board so that number can be increased to 30 or more.

In their natural state they come in white, but I have plans to do some in colour for some other projects I have in mind.

I need to get these done and off my blocking board because I'm getting tired of working in white and I want to play but I need to keep at it or I'll just let it fall by the wayside. I was making progress adding one a day to my board but then stuff happened that needed my attention elsewhere. I am determined to get these into a book soon. Of course I was determined to do that before Christmas when I started designing these and now that I have more than 30 done, I'm looking at weeding some of them out.

2 comments:

Marty said...

Weed out? I want a book with 30, or 40, or 50, or...oh, heck...I'll even take a book with 10! Those are a lot of pretty snowflakes. I especially like the shape of the blue one. :)

Paula C. said...

I am anxious for your book to be ready. I love snowflakes =)