Friday, February 22, 2013

Think on these things


The pressure of things has been getting to me lately and I was feeling kind of down. I read in my ASV Bible Phi 4:6  In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. That sounds simple enough, don't be anxious, just ask God. It is however difficult not to be anxious and worry.

Feeling like I needed a pick me up, I searched the internet for inspirational stories and read a few short excerpts. It's amazing, how reading about little every day incidents of joy, can change your perspective on your own life. Then I remembered the rest of the passage from Philipians.

Phi 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

So whatever's going on in your life right now, think on the good things. It will change your outlook.

5 comments:

God's Kid said...

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!! :)
I have read and heard it many times and it seems it was just what I needed again today! :)

Karen said...

This is such a good verse and I've been reminded of it many times over the years. It helps! Thank you for posting it. Karen in OR

Ladytats said...

yes, thinking good things does help. God has made such amazing things, including us humans. I was watching the sunset here in North Dakota as I was driving home from work. What wonderous colors there were.

Hillside Threads said...

Sharan I love reading your posts and don't always comment. I am not particularly religious but that passage in the bible is a good one to live by. Having been in a black hole and dug myself out I can speak from experience. Have a lovely day.

Maureen said...

Don't forget Dame Julian: All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well......