Sunday, December 09, 2018

Test tat anyone?

I tatted another snowflake with dimpled rings since it seems that some of you really liked that idea. This one uses a regular 6 ring daisy as a base which does tighten up the centre and gives it more stability. The chain around the daisy let me climb out on a split chain instead of a split dimpled ring and simplified the pattern. I tatted the row around the hearts (Row 3), using only a single picot over the top of the heart, but when I did the next row to form points over the hearts I needed picots where I hadn't planned any, so I wiggled my hook in between stitches 5 and 6 and did the join anyway. You can see that on the last row I used a stitch count of 6 which worked on my sample, but you may have to use a stitch count of 7 on the chains to compensate or use really tiny picots on Row 3. I've shown the picots on the diagram and it should work OK but I'm not going to re-tat it right now as I'm already on to the next. GRIN

Oh, you wanted to see what I was talking about? Here it is:

I guess you want the pattern too, don't you?

If anyone's feeling adventurous and wants to give this one a try and let me know how it turns out, I'd be much obliged. Otherwise it'll have to wait until I get through this spate of designing for me to have the time to re-tat it.

Edited to add: Muskaan graciously test tatted this and noted that using tiny picots and  increasing the stitch count to 7 as I suggested worked when she tatted it, so I've modified the drawing to reflect the change.

7 comments:

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Now you're making my head spin! I thought the other 'hearts' snowflake was great, but this one is even more balanced! Congrats to you for coming up with this new idea of hearts in snowflakes! . Wish I could help you out with test tatting, but I am strapped for time right now. I'm sure you'll get some volunteers. I am very impressed with how quickly you are developing these ideas, plus doing the drawings. Sure hope to tat it up sometime.

Madtatter80 said...

Its beautiful I also have irons in the fire and running out of time.

Jane McLellan said...

I make no promises, but I’d certainly like to give it a go.

muskaan said...

I didn't commit earlier, since I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get back to focused tatting. But I have completed the first 2 rounds without any issue. Will send you a pic/feedback after I finish.
This version is really nice - best of the heart flakes so far 💙💗💜

God's Kid said...

Oh my goodness, blizzard tatting, and at just about blizzard speed too. Great snowflake! :)

muskaan said...

Despite using small side picots in penultimate round, the outermost round required 7ds chain segments throughout. Still 2 more arms to finish.

BTW, did you notice the little angels between the hearts ?!!!

Ninetta said...

They are all lovely, thank you very much, and I also like a lot that way of drawing, it's like you have multiple choices to stop each round and have more than one snowflake. It's also my favourite way to draw patterns, like a step-by-step helpful hint. I have a lot on the go lately, not only tatting stuff, but that is in the to-do list. I also see those angels, like Muskaan wrote, love that effect.