Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Hearts and Flowers

I went to sleep last night thinking about a snowflake with a rose centre surrounded by points with hearts in them. I mentally kicked around several ideas then I pulled up the drawing program to see what it might look like. It kind of looks like this.


Then I sat down and started tatting it. The rose looked like a rose and the hearts surrounded it but when I added the chains around the hearts it looked like petals, not snowflake points. So I added a row with inward and outward facing rings that gave it points. After tatting the first arm it looked like crap. I kept on tatting and amazingly, it looks like a snowflake!

Complete with pattern of course.


Uh-oh BRB

I'm back, did you miss me? I just realized I didn't label the rows, so I had to stop and fix the pattern. Then I realized I'd missed the stitch count for the chain on either side of the dimpled rings. I wanted to keep the lines around the hearts clean so that the hearts would stand out. Although the design is mostly chains the snowflake still holds it's shape, which is good because I hate wet noodle tatting.

6 comments:

muskaan said...

I'm amazed you even sleep 😆
But I am finally happy that you discontinued the 25 Motif Challenge blog ... now I know how much we were missing!!!
Thanks again for another lovely pattern 💗💗💗💗

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The hearts stand out beautifully! You're doing very well with your snowflakes this year!

God's Kid said...

I love it!!! :) Winter love!!! :)

StringyDogs said...

I think I like this one the best!

Linda R

Grace Tyler said...

I'm so happy with this design! I may be making flakes for months with all your new patterns. Thank you, Sharon!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

You're going so fast I missed this one! This is an excellent design and I can't believe it came off your shuttles so fast after dreaming about it! The hearts are very unique and appealing!