Sunday, December 23, 2018

All Gone

Thread, that is. I started designing this season's snowflakes with a mostly full ball of size 20 Aunt Lydia's thread. I got half way through the last round of this last snowflake and ran out of thread. Fortunately I had another ball with just a few wraps left on it, with enough to finish it off.

Here's a pic of the group of them. I've been hanging them on the lampshade where they look pretty with the light shining behind them, although you can't seen them clearly. I couldn't get all of them in one picture so here's one with the light on and one with it off encompassing the whole group. That's eighteen snowflakes designed from one ball of thread.


The last snowflake starts with a basic rose and another row added. I haven't used any cloverleaves in any of the previous snowflakes so I used one here.


Of course the pattern is included below.

Eighteen is an "odd" number. Maybe I ought to design a couple more to make it a nice even 20.

4 comments:

muskaan said...

I went back to count, and I have completed 8 of your 18 new snowflake patterns so far. So we can expect 2 more before the year winds up, eh ?! Salivating 😄🎅🎅🎅

Ninetta said...

You're amazing, 18 new designs in 2 months! The lamp ;-) now it's a great minimalist Xmas tree! Love it! Thank you for another beautiful pattern. Merry Christmas!

Jane McLellan said...

What a wonderful blizzard.

God's Kid said...

Another great snowflake!!! :)
They look wonderful on the lampshade!!! :)