Monday, January 21, 2008

Lovely surprise

I received a truly unbelievable surprise last week. Nell sent me a beautifully made tatted cross done in a vintage ecru thread either size 70 or 80. Isn't it exquisite?

In addition to this marvellous lace she sent me ....are you ready for this.... An ENGLISH Aero. It just blows me away that someone who loves Aeros as much as I do would be so generous as to share one of these irreplaceable treasures. I have 3 English Aeros and I love them and use them all the time. Two of mine were broken in the same way in the same week. After years of using them exclusively, I went to load a shuttle by putting the bobbin on the back and the shuttle snapped up close to the hook end when I was winding thread. I guess they had just been flexed once too often. Both were probably bought at the same time and got used the same amount. I bought 2 more Aeros to replace them, but they were German made Aeros and not the same at all.

Having a clever hubby though, he did a quick repair filling in the inside of the shuttle with hot glue right under the break and I've been using the repaired shuttles for years. You can tell a product is exceptionally good when you'd rather use it broken than another, different one. Thanks so much Nell, it's just wonderful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, You are very welcome, and I thank you for your kindness and friendship too. It was a pleasure to share the goodies!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The cross is beautiful! I love my Aero shuttle, too!