Wednesday, June 28, 2006


Row 2 - A working corner

Well, I finished row 2 and pinned out the frame, but as often happens when you work from the outside in, my internal dimensions aren't what I hoped they'd be. I want a regular 5 x 7 picture to be able to nicely sit inside the frame. My dimensions are 5 x 7.5 which means that the picture will fit, but the white border will be visible. I'm going to need another row and that's both good and bad.

Good, because I did want to have pearls outlining the picture which I couldn't comfortably do with the design I was using and now I can. Bad, because it means I need to do another row and I don't really have time to do it. Looks like the holiday weekend will be spent furiously tatting.

Before I go on to do another inside row I want to take a stab at doing the musical notes just to see how they go. If it works as expected each medallion for the note should take about 2 hours to complete. I want to see what the finished size looks like before I decide about the frame.

No comments: