Monday, November 26, 2018

Unimaginative Snow 11-21-2018

I decided to re-tat the cut out snowflake and see if I could tighten it up and make it more snowflake-y.  An extra outward facing ring at the tips of the points did give the design more of a snowflake shape. The finished flake is about 3.25 inches from point to point.

The unconnected rings with the chain between them still resulted in a big hole in the middle of the grouping. It could probably be covered by a bead, but I wasn't looking for a beady design. I included some insets showing split rings, split chains and directional arrows that will hopefully make the drawing clearer. In order to tat it in one pass begin with the central ring and use a split ring  to climb out. Then tat the short connecting chain to the next 3 ring grouping. The 2 rings of the first grouping thrown off the top of the chain don't get tatted until you finish the row.

It's not what I'd call a successful design, but it's done and it'll look OK hanging on the back of the tree. Since I already had it half drawn anyway I finished the pattern and it's posted below if anyone is interested in this insipid design.


Onwards and upwards, hopefully to something I like more. I picked up the snowflake with the daisy centre that I started November 12th and cut off the offending bits and started again. So far I'm liking it.

4 comments:

muskaan said...

It does look more snowflak-y ;-D
I love the 3-ring clusters. When I tat this one, I'll try adding a few graduated picots - perhaps you'll find that more interesting ;-P
Thanks for sharing yet another pattern.

God's Kid said...

I like it, and especially the center! :)

Jane McLellan said...

The 3-ring element make it an interesting design, thanks for sharing the pattern.

Madtatter80 said...

There is always room for another snowflake no two alike❤🎄❤