Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Decisions, decisions

I went back to the drawing from the cut out snowflake and made another attempt at executing it What and ugly mess. I stated out with unconnected rings which looked pretty. When I tried to climb into the next row things just didn't want to work, mostly because the design required the unconnected rings to be connected. That's the point at which I decided the the drawing while possible to tat, wasn't going to look any good.  So I cut off the second round and went for something different.

At the end of the third row I ran out of thread so I just cut it off. After hand blocking it, otherwise known as pulling it out by the points, it exposed a lot of bare threads and I'm not sure I like the look of it. Shall I scrap it, or re-tat it and see if it's winner.?

The alternative of course is to pitch it and start over. I still have to work something out for the failed daisy from November 12th.

3 comments:

West Pine Creations said...

Retat, I love ot!

muskaan said...

It is a nice pretty piece!
I think a small thrown/floating ring at the tip of each arm would make it look more like a snowflake, though -- kind of lengthening the arm?

God's Kid said...

I think it's a great design!! :)