Thursday, December 24, 2015

Design fails

I started another snowflake design, but I wasn't sure where I wanted to go with it. I had an idea that was percolating but when I put it into lace the first row looked skimpy and disjointed. I worked to join the bits together on the next row but had more floppy bits that bugged me. Another row held it all together but I ended up with a round design that seemed to want to grow into a six pointed motif that I liked less and less the more I added. So I quit.

I started again, determined not to have any more floppy unconnected bits and ended up with something like an earlier design and smaller that I wanted. So I scrapped it too.

The next design is on the shuttles and so far I'm liking it, although it's coming out at a small 2.75 inches compared to the earlier one posted which is 3.5 inches across. I can add a row or two to make it bigger, but I'm liking how it looks as is.

I was asked for the pattern of the previous design and it's in the works. I'll post it when it's done.

1 comment:

God's Kid said...

They look nice to me, and even if they aren't snowflakes, they look like great motifs!!! :)