Friday, December 18, 2015

A stinker to tat

That's what this snowflake is. I like the overall appearance. It looks pretty, but what a pain to tat. I did it in 2 sections, which I guess I could maybe have done in one, but not without even more fussing. The picture pretty much says it all. This is the second one I've done this season without writing out the pattern so it's definitely one of a kind. Now that I look at it blocked out, there's something wonky about it, but I can't tell what it is and it doesn't matter because it's done and I'm on to the next.

Hubby wants to kick back and watch a movie so it looks like I'll have another one on the shuttles tonight. Hopefully the next one will look good  without the aggravation.

It IS wonky. No wonder it drove me nuts.

6 comments:

muskaan said...

I Love it !!!! I can see the challenge it poses for me - reminds me of the magic square - but boy, would I love to make it. Brilliant, how you have woven your way across in the last round !
If you have Any kind of notes/jottings, I would love to give it a tat .

I haven't been able to blog-hop as much, so am behind with a lot of posts ...

Madtatter80 said...

I love it too and the unique zig zag you did to make the points it's cool!

God's Kid said...

I really like that design!!! Very pretty snowflake!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I can see that it's wonky, but it's symmetrically wonky, making it a delightful little snowflake!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

You're being too critical, and I think it looks great! I do see how it would be very tricky to tat, especially making it up as you go! Put it on the tree and enjoy it!

I tatted Winter Star (really a six-sided snowflake) by Susan Schwenke, and I was following a diagram and had to use colored markers to keep track of where I was, and which of the two shuttles to use. It took me a few days to finish it!

Margarets designer cards said...

I love it, the wonky bit I think is the points but overall great design
Margaret