Monday, August 07, 2023

Close-up

Lavinia mentioned that the picture of the tree wasn't very clear. I guess that's what happens when you take a hurried picture with the tablet rather than getting out the camera or the scanner. This time I scanned the tree to give you a better idea of the effect of using more than one colour of thread at the same time. 

The tree trunk looks like tree bark without any extra effort. The single thread is sometimes on the top, sometimes on the bottom of each stitch in an utterly random way, making a realistic effect.


I used a single colour in a couple of places for the tree boles, like the one on the bottom right, just to make them a little more obvious.

2 comments:

Lavinia said...

Oh dear, I didn't mean it as a complaint, sorry about that. But thank you for making the extra effort to get a better picture! Your technique really is very interesting and I will keep it in mind.

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely tree you have embroidered
I cant see anything wrong with your tree