Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Pretty, but...

 It's gorgeous, I love it, but I'm keeping the windows open to air the house out and cut down on the fumes.  We used gel stain on the cannonball bed and the day after we did it both of us were feeling really awful, which we chalked up to the fumes from the stain. Once we got the first layer of  gloss Spar on it the smell dropped way down and once we'd finished 4 coats of it, everything was fine.  Except that I can still smell the Spar finish. It's too hot to leave the windows open during the day, but we've been keeping them open at night with the ceiling fans going.

It is petty.


I need to get back to tatting, at least the only headaches I get from lacemaking is knots that don't belong!

1 comment:

muskaan said...

Fabulous. And to do it all by oneself, wow!
Yes, I like knotty threads and they've managed to avoid giving me headaches so far ;-P Frustration, yes.