Wednesday, January 05, 2022

101 and counting

I mentioned that I've designed a whole bunch of snowflakes, many of which I've given away without diagraming them or even taking pictures of them. When I get on a snowflake tatting jag I often finish them off drape them over the lamp shade and hand then out to anyone who comes to visit over the Christmas season. So I don't really know how many snowflakes I've designed, just that it's been a lot. I do tend to keep the designs that I've published mostly for copyright purposes.

I hardly ever tat from other people's patterns because once I got into the habit of designing it was easier to create what I wanted than to take the time to follow a pattern. (There it is, my secret is out, I design because I'm too lazy to read.) The other day I pulled out all of the ones I've kept and took a mug shot of the lot of them include four 3D snowflakes. Arranged more or less from the smallest to the largest.


Just for those of you that are going to count them to verify that there are 101 flakes, here's a 10 by 10 grid of them.


That's a lot of tatting and a lot of designing.

I was thinking of designing something for spring and the first thing that comes to mind are flowers like tulips and daffodils, but I've already been there, done that.  I thought about tatting a 3D robin but I'm not sure how to tackle that one and I don't have any appropriately coloured threads. Maybe I'll let my sub conscious kick that idea around for a while and see what happens.

7 comments:

God's Kid said...

Wow!!! Looks like our snowstorm ended up at your place. ;)
Lots and lots of great snowflakes!!! :)

muskaan said...

Oooo, wow 💜 I can recognize a few I've tatted, but still a whole lot left. You are incredible ❤

Jane McLellan said...

A veritable blizzard!

IsDihara said...

How about a hummingbird?

Margarets designer cards said...

Your own snow fall, I have tatted many of your patterns, I have never seen you design a bell

Lelia said...

Awesome snowflakes. Spring - maybe butterfly? As you have already ruled out florals.

Anetta (Jamiolowo) said...

Beautiful snowflakes :)